After your first or second academic degree you have worked for at least one year in the fields of logistics or supply chain or in an area related to logistics like business administration, engineering or IT. Now you will or want to change position or you want to change to logistics and you need some methods and skills enabling you and giving you the self-confidence for this career move.
Our common aims
- Obtain a greater understanding of the various areas within logistics,
- Develop skills in the fields of management and consulting,
- Apply social skills in the intercultural context in a team,
- Prepare a work sample pointing out your knowledge in logistics.
- Studying: During the first two thirds of the semester you will read and learn the study material, maybe meet other students online and prepare the different topics and subtopics of the current modules. This is a quite self-directed part.
- Application & discussion: In the last third of the semester the lectures take place in Ludwigshafen University. Here the lecturers focus on several aspects and skills of their field. Discussion of cases, business games and exercises will sensitise you for the methods and challenges of each field and help you in preparing the exam.
- Examination: During the class period in Ludwigshafen you will also have to take part in the module exams. Some parts are term papers which have to be written after the lecture period. Others are oral exams like presentations.
To get the master’s degree all module exams and the master’s thesis with oral exam have to be completed and passed. The master’s thesis is usually written in the 4th semester. The students can suggest the subject e.g. a logistics concept for their company. The research competence will be developed from the beginning of the programme. After having submitted the thesis the students will orally defend their thesis in a colloquium. This can be done online on request.
Once a year, we organise an academic graduation celebration and logistics network meeting. Current and former students are invited as well as all our cooperation partners and industry contacts. The students receive solemnly their certificates and we all celebrate the new graduates.